Los Pinos Clinic

I am not afraid of needles but siting here knowing I am about to get one is still giving me a few butterflies.

I was hoping this would be a quick visit to the doctor and could go back home and get on with my day, but when we got to Los Pinos there were people already a few people in line. We ran into Bonnie in the waiting room, she was just leaving. I told Paul he did not have to wait and I would just come home when I was done.

I was reading Popular Science to take my mind off waiting and my impending needle and I saw something that was worth mentioning. It was in the in the 5 minute project section that one of the readers had sent in titled - "A musical stash for your cash"
1. Remove the electronic noisemaker from your musical greeting card.
2. Attach to the inside of an Altoids tin so that it goes off when the lid is opened.
3. Listen for thieves.

I thought that was a pretty funny idea to serenade your thieves while they are making off with your loot.

Doctor Teresa said I bordering on pneumonia and I need to come back for 2 more shots over the next 2 days drink lots of water and get lots of rest. She also prescribed me some cough syrup and ibuprofen.

p.s. the shot was painless and was over before it had begun.

In case you find yourself going to a doctor in San Pedro and are wondering about the cost here is a price break down in Belize dollars.

Visit $30
Shot in the butt $25
Tuscosed Linctus decongestant cough syrup $20
Ibuprofen 400 mg 10 for $10
Nebulizer $20
Total cost of my visit $105


Walking to Los Pinos

Los Pinos

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tacogirl, sorry to hear that you are still not well. Sounds like Dr. Teresa will have you good as new soon.. especially with the COUCH medicine. :)
Be sure to rest up on the couch like she says..
Gail
Anonymous said…
I think your body is still adapting to tropical life.

By the way I am new to your interesting blog. Enjoy Blogging!
Anonymous said…
feel better sweetie.
-Otter
Anonymous said…
Hope you feel better soon. Wish we were coming down soon. We would bring some healing chocolate or something. MNHotdish
tacogirl said…
Thanks for well wishes all.
Anonymous said…
Take care of yourself Tacogirl! Blogging from bed could get old real quick. :) Hope you feel better soon.

Pookster
Cath said…
Many hugs taco. I know it's not in your nature but try to rest. With pneumonia, you really have to!
tacogirl said…
will do pookster

getting loads of rest cath

Popular posts from this blog

Mayan Abdominal Massage

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize