I wish I had...

Not everyone who moves to another country gets to bring with them everything they would like to.

I often find myself thinking I wish I had _______ when I am about to do something and remember things we used to have at our house in Canada.

Today was one of those days and I found myself wishing I had my tools - I needed a proper hammer and a chisel to better carve out the path for the rolling wheel on our gate. (once upon a time I used to do renovation work for a living)

Sometimes you just have to make do with what you have on hand so I set out with my girly hammer which I brought instead of my big one (silly me but it was lighter which counts when you are trying to stuff a million things into 4 suitcases). I knew it was not the right tool for the job but I was determined to do it anyways.

I did get far enough in making a groove - it is not perfect and now neither is my hammer as you can see from the picture below.

Have to dash off to town for a baby shower at the Tackle Box.

Baby shower for Shanley and Brady was a lot of fun - first time I saw the rum punch baby bottle game ha ha. Cake was really cool Shuffles made one shaped like a catamaran. The salsa and chips were yum and I tried a chicken wing too - would totally recommend them.

Later on I headed back to town to meet up with Carole and Mary to go hear the blues band at Wet Willy's. I had been meaning to go see them for a while and glad I finally made it. They are closest thing to Elevation Quartet - Russell hope you come back soon.

Oops

Comments

Islagringo said…
LMAO! I thought it was just me getting old. I don't know how many times I have dug through the junk, I mean kitchen utensil, drawer and said to B, "Didn't we use to have so and so?" He just rolls his eyes and says, "We sold it at the auction." Oh.
Anonymous said…
T.G.
This is Dex from st.louis, Look wht I have been up to:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24019297@N08/sets/72157605421807228/
tacogirl said…
Too funny islagringo good to know others are experiencing past life memories as well.

Hey dex nice to hear from you. Interesting art posters.

Popular posts from this blog

Mayan Abdominal Massage

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize