Happy Monday

Last night the girls popped me on the coconut phone with an invite to go on a catamaran trip with tradewinds today. I told them I was not sure and would let them know in the morning and went back to watching tv with Paul - I got to thinking that I would be silly not to go. Never pass up an opportunity to go on a boat ride - that is unless it is in big waves outside the reef. I decided I could get up early and get enough things crossed off my list before going on the boat.

As I was leaving the tacoshack to go to the dock I saw Simon passing by and was hoping to hitch a ride south, only he did not see me and turned the corner. A woman on a scooter saw I was trying to flag him and told me to hop on the back and she would give me a ride so I did.

We set sail to go snorkeling and do lunch on Caye Caulker - as we were slowly coasting past the end of the island at a comfortable 3.3 knots, I could not think of a better way to be enjoying my Monday.

At coral gardens I saw my favorite fish - damsel fish - darker colored with electric blue spots on them just incredible. I also saw a big barracuda they always look so menacing to me. Underwater sightseeing made us all hungry so we hoisted anchor and headed onto Caye Caulker for a bite to eat. We ended up at Bamboo - RLD and I agreed that the wings we both ordered were good but barely a snack lol I was glad I ordered a side of coleslaw.

After lunch many of us were in nap mode and enjoyed a relaxing ride home.

Coral gardens

Zippy driving the boat

Melvin gazing at Caye Caulker

Melvin and Adam our wonderful hosts

Going back to Stess for more

Last group

Heading to lunch

Caye Caulker

Caye Caulker stroll

Biggest burrito - too bad it was a bit short on shrimp though

Back to catamaran

Sky on the way home

Almost full moon over San Pedro - by Shuffles

Comments

Anonymous said…
awesome pics. gorgeous sky and water. My sister is in some of your pics. Thanks!
Susan
Kentucky
tacogirl said…
Not sure which one is your sister Susan but everyone I met was really nice.

Popular posts from this blog

Mayan Abdominal Massage

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize