On the move towards tacogirl.com

I have been working hard and moving fast towards launching tacogirl.com

Thanks to Alissa's guests posts on Cayo the past 2 days - I have been able to immerse myself in wordpress and and get familiar. I found once I started it was pretty easy although I know I have just touched the surface.

I also found a good wordpress tutorial site - that walks you through some very useful stuff.

Really getting a better feel for twitter and how I can use it to help market my blog.

I just saw @tacogirl on right hand side of twitter and realized that not only do I know how to reply direct to a tweet by moving cursor to right of tweet to bring up direct reply arrow - now I can see peoples replies or who has sent direct messages to me that I may have missed.

More to come I have so many things on my plate right now and the first one needs to be food ha ha.

This afternoon I am tackling something on my blog list that has needed to be done for a while but was never quite the right timing - redoing my labels. I have come up with a few new ones and now I have to check all 761 posts 1 at a time to make sure the labels are right and add new ones where applicable. Lot of work but well worth it as I think the label option is a good search function if done well.

Sometimes when doing blog labels people get to caught up and want to stick a post in too many categories when in reality it should only be in one or 2. It can be a bit tricky deciding but well worth making sure you get it right so people get the most out of searching on your blog.

The new categories I have added are - fishing - cool stuff - 411 - Island Life - Stuff Swap and Useful Information.

I managed to get through doing 161 posts before I had to break. We were supposed to go to Lime for the chili cook off - I walked down to meet Paul at Pedro's sat down at the bar and just could not get up again. So we stayed there and ate pasties with a side of beans - played Yahtzee and bowled.

Comments

Francis Bell said…
Thank you for the WONDERFUL blogsite-I love the pctures! It's so great to be able to see when you can't get there yourself-Francis http://www.geothermalguestions.net

Popular posts from this blog

Mayan Abdominal Massage

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize