More power outs

Rain was heavy last night -woke me up at 4 am and power was going in and out.

When I got up at 6 am still not power so I turned on crank radio and picked up my book. I think it is safe to say we are all getting tired of these long power outs and it is putting a bit of a crimp in daily life.

Power came back on around 7 am sometime so I decided to get washed up – apparently not our water is still not back on yet neither is the internet. I am going to have to resort to a spray bottle shower shortly as I need to get to central park for the kids march this morning.

1:33pm
Power went out again. Marvin Gaye what's going on is playing on love fm - a perfect song to go with the rain outside. Reading Memphis Magazine that Carbunketrumpet sent so I can pass it along to Elbert when I am done. The issue he sent was about Martin Luther King Jr.

While taking pictures at the march today, Cullen mentioned that the storm center is supposed to hit south west Belize at 5 pm and bring 15 inches of rain. Saw Wonderwoman and her son at perk - she said the puddles are already the size of small lakes up north. - I can just imagine what it looks like to the south.

10pm
Rain just started again heavy downpour but short - going to settle in and watch the movie 21 with Paul.

Here are a few pictures to from the march against violence.
For more please visit Holy Cross School blog.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good to hear that you are enjoying the magazines and that you are back to 100% from your sickness a couple months ago. Only 33 sleeps till the Trumpets are back on island time so start me a list of any good periodicals you and Taco Boy need.
Sorry to hear you are having an already active rainy season, we also have gotten smacked this spring with bad storms with a lot of property damage and thankfully no deaths.
Here is to a very quiet summer and fall storm season for everyone.
tacogirl said…
33 sleeps see you sooner than later. Hope you did not get any major damage from storms. Amen to quiet season.

Popular posts from this blog

Mayan Abdominal Massage

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize