Pezzi ball office chair

I just inflated my pezzi gymnastic ball today so I could try using it for an office chair - figured cannot be any worse than the hardwood kitchen chair I use now.

I am a sloucher by nature so I was hoping that using the pezzi ball even part time might help me sit up straighter and benefit my back and help me get a bikini belly at the same time.

I checked out the internet to see what info I could find about using exercise balls for chairs. "They" say that there is no scientific evidence that using an exercise ball as a chair will produce results without doing additional exercises. I figured since my abdominal and back muscles are constantly active in order to maintain proper posture and balance on the ball there has to be some benefit to it.

Inflated properly, exercise balls help encourage good posture by supporting a forward tilt of your pelvis. This allows for proper posture to develop and be retained at a subconscious level - your body will then adopt that posture, even when sitting in regular chairs, with little or no conscious effort - not a bad thing for a sloucher.
I did not come across any studies on exercise balls as chairs and mood elevation. I noticed pretty much as soon as I sat on mine, I was bouncing like a 5 year old - even Paul started laughing watching me.


My pezzi ball thanks Courtney


Aligned spine while sitting on ball

Comments

I've got one of those balls. It sits in the corner of the bedroom with the treadmill I had to have, which is now the crap collector. Hope you have better luck with your "office chair."
Anonymous said…
Definitely some different ideas there ! I am working in a office and spend more then 10 hours in a chair. Thanks to my boss, he got a comfortable and stylish chair from Office Depot.
Cath said…
Hey tacogirl. You probably don't know that I teach Pilates on Resist-a-Ball classes.

I came across this when I was doing research for the last session...

http://cre-msd.uwaterloo.ca/kn_stability.html

Some advice...start by using it for a half hour per day for a week, increase your time week by week and gradually work your way up to using it whenever you are sitting.

Because sitting on the ball is fun, you may not realize just how intense it is for your back muscles to maintain that position for long periods of time without rest. They need a chance to get used to all the fun they are having :~)
Anonymous said…
Does anyone know where I can get the adapter to re-inflate my PEZZI ball.... It was sitting in a storage unit for 5 years, unused...and the adapter was stolen out of my Glovebox a few months ago... Email suggestions to karynlee333@Q.com. Thanks!!!
tacogirl said…
thanks islaholic trixie

great you got a good chair harry I am still waiting for one.

I did not know that you teach pilates cath - great advice

write the company or check ebay and amazon for adaptor karynlee if someone did not email you an option.

Popular posts from this blog

Mayan Abdominal Massage

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize