Ugh

I just got back from the store - spent $16 Belize for 1 green pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1 bag snow peas and 2 stalks of celery. Ouch! If it were Saturday I could get 2 bbq chicken dinners from John in the park for that price.

I even checked through the peppers for light ones so that I would not wind up paying for a heavy seed packet inside (our old roommate Jerry was very specific in teaching me that). I picked 2 stalks of celery out of a package (yes you can do that here) because I was thinking in the moment and only wanted enough for tonight's dinner fish and veggie stir fry.

There must be a better way.

The upside is I have re-oiled our new wok that Cindy gave us - she got it from Alan and I am looking forward to trying it out.

Night sky

Comments

Nomadic Matt said…
wow. that seems expensive
tacogirl said…
It is a bit expensive nomadic matt Because our food comes by barge it one of the factors that drives the prices higher.

Popular posts from this blog

Mayan Abdominal Massage

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize