Happy almost New Year

More to come it is one of those all day writing days ha ha.

Caught a great sunrise this morning - while Paul was making our morning coffee he noticed the clouds looking really cool and said I should go out on the upstairs balcony to watch. The clouds were electric orange as the sun rose through them - island life is good.

Pic of Cindy Stanton Listening intently



Just got an email from Nancy about coconuts for New Years...
Come one, Come All.... Coconuts Bar... New Year's Eve.... Larry is having a party! 6-8 pm... Louie will be playing Old Rock... at 8 "All Cayed Up" will begin New Years Eve off in style with the "Blues"... Louie will also play during breaks, so All Night Music til about 1 AM... Invite anyone that might like to join you, we want to have a Big New Years Bash!!!!
Happy new year to you all... see you tonight and in 2009! Nancy

I am sitting here doing a year in review - deleting away 2008 and reliving memories via emails of excited people coming to visit, sharing pictures, jokes, making donations and planning events. I have even sent a few emails back to people as a reminder of how far we have come and how good life is.

I have come across some interesting and fun links to share... Back Country Belize article from New York Times sent by Brusslesprout, Maverick mayor: 'Eco-architecture not ego-architecture!' CNN.com and Yum Tacos sent by Jesse, a link to our local “green” not-for-profit. This website has all kinds of ideas and resources sent in by KC Jayhawk, Blogging to Bigger Job Opportunities - Fox Business sent by Theresa a blogger from Mexico , Recycling in Peru article from Eco Worldly sent by Anthony,

As well as some interesting blogs that people have brought to my attention...

The Ugly Sweater Party post from the Stuff White People Like blog sent to me by Michele, Cairo to Cape Town sent by tacoboy

Random sampling of written bits from 08 emails...

April - Renee and Ralph after Pauls birthday... It looks like the Cinco de Mayo / fundraiser was a huge success! Out of curiosity how did the ps2 & games system do?? Please tell Collette/ Maya that their house is absolutely beautiful and "Good on Them" Please also tell Carol that I thoroughly enjoyed my massage and facial..it was one of the best I have ever had, and will be back!! Also tell Fred that the coconut shell looks fabulous in our cabana bar Keep up the good work with the Holy Cross School and all that you do for the community of wonderful people:) If I sound a little too mushy its the Paul's to blame..did someone mention Yellow Label (lol)... Peace health and happiness to all of you.. Renee & Ralph

May - Cindy S always ready to lend a helping hand... I plan on doing the same thing at our annual 4th of July campout.... (after Harley Poker run we usually have about 20+ bikers who love doing charity events) between the bikers and my family (some bikers are family) we have had anywhere from 60-80 people at this event. I made some neat "Hop a Harley, help Holy Cross" posters to post at my brother's bar & grill to help get the word out. Cindy Stanton

Kirsten on the recycling parade... real quick i told my daughter that you want to start recycling at her school and she replied "thank god"...she would like to build sculptures with the recycleables...fyi; i am building concrete couches within my resort out of the old paint cans, plastics, glass etc...to use as fill and cover with concrete...voila! peace kirsten

June - Carbunke after Tropical Storm Arthur... I walked over to my new GM's office and told him about the Belikin Beer dock and he asked if they take the forklift on the dock and when I told him yes he was enthralled. If I play my cards right I can possibly write my trip off as an office expense. - Yea right!

June - DCG sending her Travel Survey out...Thanks for all your help with this! When I graduate (noting I said WHEN, not IF!) I’m going to dedicate my diploma to all that helped me with this lifetime achievement! Thanks and forever gratefully yours, Lydia

July - CS longing for Belize... laurie i feel like i have entered the inevitable depression resulting from belize withdrawal-i have all the signs,i am used to a somewhat depressed state occasionally(despite the marvels of modern medicine)but i am really feeling it-it is doing a disservice to my present life so i am just going to know that it will pass,and i will come back and one day i won't leave after 10 days.... take care c

August - Stacy on how Rick made her day brighter... Hey... That's a good idea, I'll try and stick it in my mind, to pop into BEL and mention it...Thanks... Yeah I saw Rick in town today, now his phone is locked and he can't unlock it, so he can't retrieve any messages... Man, you can be having a "no good terrible day" and Rick comes along with some fantastic story, usually with a smile...and it puts you in hysterics... :) Stacy Lynn Floyd

September - Michele Kinon on Squidoo... This is a lot of freakin’ work!!! - Life's a Beach - Adventures of an Expat family in Mexico.

September - Tiona Luster picking up Pauls birthday present to me... Laurie, I just got home from work and your bathing suits where waiting for me on my front porch. I have gone thru the box and everything you wanted is here. I will be arriving on the island on Thursday September 25th around 12:30 in the afternoon. Staying a Banana Beach. Tiona Your Personel Bathing Suit Shopper in the States

Laurie, I just got home from work and your bathing suits where waiting for me on my front porch. I have gone thru the box and everything you wanted is here. I will be arriving on the island on Thursday September 25th around 12:30 in the afternoon. Staying a Banana Beach. Tiona Your Personel Bathing Suit Shopper in the States

October - Amanda Syme after watching Current t v documentary video journalist, Travis Mathews... Laurie, thank you so much for sending this to me. Seeing the island from an outsiders eyes is so stark and moving at the same time. Wow, he's done a simple, but hard hitting expose. Thanks again for the opportunity to view this video and strengthen my resolve to help when and where I can. Amanda

November - Celia a CNU student who wrote about coming to do research for her senior musicological thesis and HC school... After I emailed you I read a blog you posted that contained students' handwritten reasons why they loved Holy Cross. What a wonderful message! I actually copied it from your blog and kept it for myself to read in the future.

December - Courtney M - Let's do this thing!!!!‏ ... god I miss you TACO!!!!!!! How are you??


Here is a silly holiday joke that Gail sent...

Weeweechu
It's a romantic full moon, when Pedro said, "Hey, mamacita, let's do
Weeweechu."
Oh no, not now, let's look at the moon!" said Rosita.
Oh, c'mon baby, let's you and I do Weeweechu. I love you and it's the
perfect time," Pedro begged.
"But I wanna just hold your hand and watch the moon." replied Rosita.
Please, corazoncito, just once, do Weeweechu with me."
Rosita looked at Pedro and said, "OK, one time, we'll do Weeweechu."
Pedro grabbed his guitar and they both sang.....
"Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, Weeweechu a Merry
Christmas, and a Happy New Year."

Just lost power looks like I am being made to take a break - of course no sooner did I type that and power came back on again just have to wait for internet now.

Around 9:00am
Cindy and Beth stopped by to give me Ricks Chocolate - tacoboy hitched a ride to town with them and I passed Rick his 4 bars of delicious Goss Chocolate over the fence and was back to work. Got a good chunk done and now the internet has gone down again.

1:00pm
I can honestly say that after 6 hours of deleting emails and writing this post I earned the right to cross Pauls best of 2008 post idea off the black board. I can also say that I have surpassed my goal of deleting 5 pages of emails a day and am now down to 23 pages and 573 emails not including folders. I have also been able to practice the fine art of recycling and turn my chore work into fun work by blogging about it.

2:48 pm
Just started on school blog A Year in Review. Hopefully I can get enough finished and catch a rest before tonight.

3:19 pm
Down to 20 pages of emails and school blog mostly done. I should be starting laundry now but I am calling it quits and going to enjoy some me time.

Ricoman sent from Warfrat

Carbunke and I taken by RLD - Where did you read your SP Sun?

Gang at BC's taken by Ed

Golden Gate Park - Chain of Lakes area by Cee

Paul and I Pinche Gringos by Michele

Carole and rick Pinche Gringos by Michele

Rob Paul and I at Pinche Gringos by Michele

Sauce of trophie by CBT

Cindy - by Rudy

The gang from Rudy


Angel and Walter from Angel - will we see you at this years lobsterfest?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey there!! Happy New year to you and Paul. I just finished a look back at 2008 entry as well. What a year!
tacogirl said…
Happy New year. Will go check yours - I am a bit behind on reading blogs.

Popular posts from this blog

Mayan Abdominal Massage

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize