Island Style Potlicker

I finally found something other than Christmas Carols on the radio. Managed to find third station a Spanish one playing a Spanish version of Everything I Do I Do It for You - Bryan Adams. Thankfully they stepped up the pace with something a bit more traditional and livelier for the next selection. This afternoon we are doing an Island Style Potlicker and I can't wait.

Not to long ago Rick and Kerry took a short trip to Corozal. Before leaving he came over and asked to borrow one of our coolers so he could bring back some lamb chops. He went onto ask if I was willing to make a dinner happen - which of course I was.

Now those of you who know me well know my passion is for eating and not so much on the cooking end - I very happy and very agreeable when Ruth said we could bbq on the beach at their place - Shuffles and Renita are in on it as well - we are using kc's feta chop recipe.

I better hurry up and get ready Rick will be here soon. Until I get my pictures up... you can enjoy this fabulous post from chunkyruth's blog.

Our potlicker was heavenly. We all walked away totally satisfied - full of food drinks and laughter.

Island Style Potlicker

Beach bbq

Ruth preparing chops for the grill

Gorgeous Sunday afternoon

Chunky and Ruth

Grilling pineapple to go with coconut ice cream

Relaxing on the beach

Feta sauce

Lamb chops

Lounging

Corozal Lamb

Garlic Bread

Beach bbq

Toasty bread

Food's up

Dig in

Rick enjoying his lamb chops

Comments

Save us a chop, we will be there a tad late! I can bring my beef tenderloin if you want me too!
Was an awesome day ... great food, great friends, great view...what more can you ask for???
Anonymous said…
I want to come hang out with you when we get there. Wow, what a beach BBQ. We won't be there until January 3rd and only for a week. :(
tacogirl said…
Hi Anon you can always drop me a live via email in my profile. My brother will be in town same time - he gets in on the first.
Anonymous said…
OMG! That looks delicious!!
tacogirl said…
Michele it was a heavenly taste bud experience
Anonymous said…
Not fair!!! My recipe and everyone else's fun!!!
tacogirl said…
You recipe was fantastic KC and so was everyone's cooking - next time you are here maybe we can do it again.

Popular posts from this blog

Mayan Abdominal Massage

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize