Tuesday adventure

Instead of going to the pool this morning I decided to have a snorkel adventure - perfect opportunity to try my new underwater camera from chunkyruth.

I decided to walk along the beach to Ramon's dock and check out how the artificial reef is doing. Have not been in way too long (last time I remember snorkeling there was with DCG)

I do miss the big palapa at the end of the dock but they have a proper ladder now which makes it easier for those who want to go in right from the end of the dock instead of swimming from shore. It is pretty good for a free snorkel spot at the beach and close to town.

I still have to play around with my camera some more and see how different settings work underwater - for now I just went with auto. It was a bit hard to tell how my pictures were turning out under water as the screen was hard to see but I managed ok for my first try.

Ruthie said the camera is a battery hog but did not find myself running short of battery life. I had rechargeable ones in so I was able to practice deleting as I went along - found a short cut for that in the manual yesterday. Another good tip I got in the manual was to keep a silica pack inside the battery area when not using the camera.

Small downside of today's adventure somehow I lost my snorkel on the way home - I retraced my steps as soon as I noticed and could not find it.

My first underwater pictures with a digital camera...

Comments

Anonymous said…
What fun! A whole new world opened up to you! And, me thinks, more blog pics in our future.

~Mysteryboy
tacogirl said…
So true Mysteryboy - hanging out under water with the fish is so much fun.
KC Jayhawk said…
unless you're Jimmy Hoffa!!
Kelly and Steve said…
Those are great pictures! I can not wait to snorkel there again myself... We will be there the end of June!
rump shaker said…
it is so nice that you have an underwater digital now!i am still figuring out flash/no flash particle/no particles etc.they look good though and it's funny the end results will always be a mystery until you get home-kinda nice
tacogirl said…
Thanks rump - I figure trying one thing at a time will help me figure out which settings work best.
Ruthie said…
Wow...your pix turned out great TG! I'm so happy that you can document all the underwater action in San Pedro now, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Mayan Abdominal Massage

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize