Hurricane Prep

I went to the Chamber meeting today to hear Jim Janmohamed (NEMO) speak on being prepared and evacuation procedures.

He gave a great speech and I learned a lot.

After Hurricane Keith people were without running water for 4 - 5 days and electricity for 30 days. The waves were up to 7 foot high on the lagoon side.

So far this year it is predicted we will have 17 storms and 9 hurricanes with 5 of the 9 being a category 3 or higher. Category 3 hurricanes have winds of 101 - 130 mph.

I will keep working on personal plan

On a side note I walked 3371 steps today which is .95 of a mile. It was a bit stop and start so I did not get any aerobic activity, and I was lucky enough to get a boat ride home from the advisory board meeting, thanks Cullen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help Save Bacalar Chico

tacogirl.com island blog, San Pedro, Belize

Shout Out to tacogirl Readers